Fatal food poisoning. The man ate jelly from the market in Nowa Dęba

Luc Williams

The police detained a 55-year-old woman and a 56-year-old man on Saturday night. “They admitted that they breed pigs and, to supplement their household budget, they produce cold meats, which they sold in Nowa Dęba,” sub-inspector Beata Jędrzejewska-Wrona, spokeswoman for the Police Headquarters in Tarnobrzeg, told PAP.

In the house of the detained couple, the police seized approximately 20 kg of meat products, which will be tested in the laboratory. The woman and the man were taken to police custody in Tarnobrzeg.

On Saturday, after On the 19th, the police received information about the death of a man in a hospital in Nowa Dęba. The 54-year-old was admitted there due to food poisoning. Despite the doctors’ efforts, his life could not be saved.

Two women, a 67-year-old and a 72-year-old, were also taken to hospital with symptoms of food poisoning. “One of the women was transported to a hospital in Kraków in a serious condition,” the deputy inspector told PAP. Beata Jędrzejewska–Wrona.

The police determined that the poisoning occurred after consuming delicatessen jelly, which the injured people bought on Saturday morning at the market in Nowa Dęba from a traveling salesman. “The detained people indicated that they sold several items (of delicatessen products – PAP) that day,” the policewoman added.

Information about the poisoning appeared in local media on Saturday evening. After these reports, two other people who also bought homemade products at the market in Nowa Dęba contacted the police. “The police went to their homes and secured the purchased delicatessen jelly,” said a spokeswoman for the Tarnobrzeg police.


Luc's expertise lies in assisting students from a myriad of disciplines to refine and enhance their thesis work with clarity and impact. His methodical approach and the knack for simplifying complex information make him an invaluable ally for any thesis writer.